I have noticed that we have new viewers in Slovenia and I would like to welcome them!
I thought it would be nice to learn a few facts about the country, so read on and enjoy the videos……
- The capital of Slovenia is Ljubljana
- The language is Slovene
- The population is in excess of 2million
- The currency is the Euro
- Slovenia has been an Independant democratic republic since 1991, before that it was part of a country called Yugoslavia
- The size of Slovenia is 20,273km2
- The Republic of Slovenia is in the very heart of Europe. To the north of Slovenia is Austria, to the east is Hungary, to the south is Croatia and to the west Italy
- The highest mountain is Triglav at 2,864m
- The longest river is Sava at 221km
- The largest lake is Cerknica lake
- The sun shines approximately 2,000 hours per year and in the winter there is plenty of snow
Slovenia is marked in red on this map.
See if you can find where Slovenia is on this Google map, you can zoom in and out and explore!
This video shows you some of the beautiful places in Slovenia.