How to make a colourful and easy ‘melty’ Bead Bowl!
These bowls are great to make and if you use your imagination you can come up with other similar ideas to do with the ‘melty’ beads.
They make great presents, especially if you place a few wrapped sweets inside!
To make a ‘melty’ Bead Bowl you will need -
- ‘Melty’ beads – the small tube coloured beads that you can use to make patterns with and then iron are the best as they do not give off toxic fumes when they melt!
- An old oven-proof dish or bowl.
- Cooking spray or oil.
Directions to make a melted bead bowl -
- First preheat the oven to 350 degrees. OVENS ARE HOT! PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
- Spray an oven-proof bowl with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the ‘melty’ beads on to the bottom of the bowl and move them around to make sure there is only a single layer. Add more and more beads until they creep up the sides as far as you would like them to go.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the beads along the top have clearly melted themselves out of shape. You need to watch them carefully in the oven to make sure they do not melt too much! **Remember to use oven gloves to remove the hot bowl from the oven!
- Allow to cool and pop out the melty bead bowl.
- Wash with soap and water to remove the cooking spray.