These fat chocolate shortbread cookies covered in sprinkles are really yummy and easy to make!
I guess you could add chocolate chunks, nuts or glace ,cherries to the recipe if you wished or indeed anything you think might taste good!
You could wrap them up in pretty cellophane bags and give them as presents!
Ingredients for Decorated Christmas Chocolate Cookies -
- 250g (2 and 1/4 sticks) soft butter
- 150g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 40g (1/3cup) cocoa powder
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Ingredients for the cookies topping -
- 2 x tablespoons cocoa powder
- 175g (1 and 1/2 cups) icing sugar ( confectioners sugar)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) boiling water, from a kettle
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Christmas sprinkles
Bake your cookies at Gas Mark 3/170 degrees C for 15 minutes; then rest the cookies for 15 minutes before you transfer them to a wire rack for decorating! The fun bit!
Watch the video below to learn how to make these Decorated Christmas Chocolate Cookies!
**Always ask permission to cook in the kitchen and always be careful of hot ovens and sharp knives! **