Learn how to…..Make your own homemade Pizza’s!
Ingredients you will need to make the pizza base:-
- 70 grams of yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- half a cup of water
- a pinch of salt
Now for the tasty bit!
You can use what ever you like for the toppings – ham, cheese, sweetcorn, onions, tuna,peppers, pepperoni, sausage, chicken the list is endless!
Watch the video through below and you will see just how easy it is to make your own tasty and healthy homemade pizza’s!
- Pizza originated in Naples, Italy.
- The first pizzas were just dough and tomato sauce – no cheese!
- Antica Pizzeria was the world’s first pizzeria. It opened in Naples, Italy in 1738.
- It wasn’t until 1889 that cheese was first added to pizza in Italy, when famous pizza chef Raffaele Esposito made a pizza for Queen Margherita using tomato, basil, and cheese to represent the colours of the Italian flag. Today, the simple margherita pizza remains one of the most popular pizzas in the world.
- The first American pizzeria was opened in New York City in 1905.
- The largest pizza ever made was at Norwood Hypermarket in South Africa. It was 122 feet 8 inches across, weighed 26,883 pounds, contained 3,968 pounds of cheese, and 1,984 pounds of sauce.
- Pizza means ‘pie’ in Italian.
- Some popular pizza toppings in Japan are squid and Mayo Jaga (mayonaise, potato and bacon).
- In India they like pickled ginger, minced mutton and tofu.
- The people of Brazil prefer green peas for their topping.
- Russians serve pizza covered in mockba (a mix of sardines, tuna, mackeral, salmon and onions.)
- In the list of most popular pizza toppings in America, the first one is pepperoni and the last one is anchovies.