How to make Trixie Krispies Treats!
These little delights really are yummy, easy to make and you can change and play with the recipe as much as you like! Different cereals, sweets, candy, chocolates etc. Your imagination can run wild…….
Ingredients for Trixie Krispies -
- 1 x 400g bag of mini marshmallows (about 2 cups)
- 10 cups Trix cereal ( In the UK we have Rainbow Drops, which are coloured puffed rice treats/sweets, you could use these. Or indeed, any of your favourite cereal! )
- 1/4 cup butter
Instructions to make Trixie Krispies -
- Place the butter and marshmallows in a glass bowl and pop in the microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes to melt.
- Stir well.
- Mix in your Trix or your chosen substitute cereal and stir well, until everything is coated in the marshmallow and butter mix!
- Pour into a large greased pan (9 x 13 or 11 x 11) and press down with a spoon. If you were to use a disposable foil tray it would be even easier!
- Cut into squares.
Handy Notes -
If you spray your spoon with non stick spray before using it to press down the krispies mix it works really well!Tweet