Magic Tricks – Learn how to levitate just like David Blaine!
Levitation tricks are very cool. This one is called the Balducci Levitation.
The Levitation Effect.
Amaze and amuse your friends and family with your new found ability to levitate. Gently rise about 3 – 5 inches off the ground! It’s true! It’s magic!
• You can perform this trick anywhere and at any time!
• No gimmicks used just you!
• One of the bet and easiest levitation tricks ever, giving a really cool effect!
The Levitation Secret.
- Stand about 8 – 10 feet in front of your audience with your back to them and at a 45 degree angle to their view point.
- Basically you push yourself up on your tip toes of one foot, but keep the other straight parallel with the floor.
- Depending on what foot you feel most comfortable lifting your body up with, this foot will be hidden to your audience.
- I use my left foot to make me levitate, so I turn 45 degrees to the right of my audiences view point. That way they can see the whole of my right foot and just the heel of my left foot.
- When I push up on the tip toes of my left foot the view point is such that spectators cannot see it.
- At their angle it looks like I am levitating!
- The audience cannot see my supporting foot because it is hidden by three things – my trousers, the angle of the trick and my right shoe which hides their view of the left foot being used to levitate me.
- In reality you might only rise 3 – 5 inches off the ground, but it’s all in your presentation!
- Slowly rise off the ground, wait a few seconds and then drop back down to the ground on both feet fast! Stay up too long and they may figure it out!
Remember – Practice makes perfect!
Watch the video below for the full effect and the secret to you successfully levitating!
- Keep your heels together while levitating, this protects your angle. Also put your arms out straight, this gives a better effect than if they are by your sides.
- Angle is everything! Practice this in front of a mirror or another person. Lack of practice will give you away!
- When you get really good at the effect, as you levitate add a twist, by pivoting slightly on the foot that is on the ground. This move adds a whole new dimension to the illusion and looks really cool!
- Be subtle, don’t just say, “I’m going to levitate now”, say something like, “Now watch my feet closely, I’m going to try something”.
- Your audience needs to be behind you in a group, not spread out or they might see how it is done.