21st December 2010
………I do so love the few days before Christmas Eve here at the North Pole. They are always so, so busy and fun-filled! The air actually seems to buzz with excitement and magic! Every year it never ceases to amaze me at the quantity of toys that we make, wrap and deliver and you have to remember that every year there are more children to deliver to on Christmas Eve. One of the favourite presents this year, is this crazy little buggy car that lights up and flashes all different colours whilst doing all kinds of flips and tricks. It really is great fun! I suspect that there will be many a happy boy and girl on Christmas morning unwrapping one of these cars. The elves have had great fun racing them all around the Toy Workshop and I have had to remind them, on more than one occasion in the last month or two, that we are far too busy to be racing cars.
The weather is constantly being checked and updated especially carefully with the big snow storm due to arrive here, at the North Pole on Christmas Eve. Our Chief Weatherman Elf Matty has told me that there is an 80% chance that the storm will hit on Christmas Eve. I have to say that I am holding on very tightly to the 20% chance that it will be, ‘alright-on-the-night!’ I met with Rudolph again down at the stables and he is happy that he is fit and well enough to lead us through the snow storm if needed. Good old Rudolph! Elf Ned has been giving Rudolph extra portions of his secret magic feed and has been applying a special ointment to Rudolph’s nose to improve its natural red glow. After all that is a very, very important nose indeed…….
Until tomorrow dear diary