We have all seen how dangerous and strong, big and beautiful waves can be, but do we have any idea ‘how’ they move?
The following fun video shows us how to make a ‘Mini Ocean Motion’ or a wave simulator.
You will need:-
- An empty 2litre plastic bottle with it’s lid
- Vegetable or sunflower oil
- Blue food dye
- A funnel
Watch the video and see how the ‘Mini Ocean Motion’ is made and find out how a wave moves….
- Fill the bottle 2/3rds full with water
- Add the blue food colouring
- Fill the bottle to the rim with vegetable oil
- Replace the lid TIGHTLY!
So, individual water molecules in the ocean hold energy that is passed from molecule to molecule in a chain-reaction that creates the movement of the waves!
The waves themselves are created by either the wind, the moon or an earthquake.